Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Making Connections

Thank you for posting your comments on the blog.

While we are excited to embark on this journey together, your postings show that you have some questions or even slight trepidations. Each of us brings strengths to the PLC based on our previous experiences, yet each of us has a need to learn more and a willingness to learn from each other. This collaborative environment will help us search for answers and troubleshoot together.

Your comments remind us we need to integrate technology purposefully. You are already thinking about how to structure your classroom physically and how to establish classroom management so students know the expectations--so they can be independent, ethical users of technology.

Curriculum drives our instruction--this is where we are now, examining our benchmarks, making curriculum connections, establishing a project-based curriculum that infuses technology into all aspects of learning.

One form of information gathering you might use with your students is an online survey. I have used one online, free resource to show how you could check for understanding, gauge comfort levels, and gather input.

Click Here to take survey

2 comments:

  1. Oops! Where did my survey go? I mentioned using a blog as opposed to TeacherWeb...I thought about not using a trade name.

    Why am I commenting as Jeri and Alaina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I am signed in but I had to go to my own google email and then somehow I got here????

    That was me who took the survey.

    ReplyDelete